International Journal of Research and Studies Publishing
The Role of Entrepreneurial Marketing in Developing Economic Countries (Saudi Arabia Case Study for SME)
Jwdah Farouq Bati(1), Meshary Mohammad alfaqeih(1), Sami Abdullah Albishri(1), Mowffaq Oreijah(1,2), and Tahar Lazhar Ayed(1,3)
Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Umm Al-Qura University, Saudi Arabia (1)
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is growing into an economic power in the Middle East. However, small- and medium-sized business establishments continue to struggle to break the local market. The challenges faced by the businesses result from the lack of adequate information, poor technological infrastructure, untrained human resource personnel, and consumer behaviors. Entrepreneurial marketing provides an adequate means through which business organizations in Saudi Arabia can build a competitive advantage and penetrate the market more efficiently and effectively. The approach enables value creation, resource manipulation/utilization, opportunity focus, innovation, risk-taking, customer intensity, and proactive practices, allowing businesses to become competitive. The study evaluates the connection between competitive advantage and entrepreneurial marketing, informing business stakeholders and policymakers on the best marketing practices to ensure the success and sustainability of small- and medium-sized firms in Saudi Arabia. The study employed the qualitative approach to facilitate data gathering. The study involved fourteen participants recruited from a WhatsApp group and interviewed over the phone. The study findings established differences from sector to sector in terms of marketing opinions and skill. The subjects identified value creation, resource manipulation/utilization, opportunity focus, innovation, customer intensity, and proactive practices to be critical to building a competitive advantage, with risk-taking considered insignificant. Given the source of challenges facing small and medium organizations in Saudi Arabia, there is a need to ensure education and access to information for SME stakeholders. Similarly, the Saudi government needs to put in place adequate technology infrastructure to facilitate the growth and development of the businesses.
small and medium enterprises, Competitive Advantage, Enterprises Entrepreneurial Marketing, Saudi Arabia.
Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Umm Al-Qura University, Saudi Arabia1
Mechanical Engineering Dept., College of Engineering, Umm Al-Qura University, Saudi Arabia 2
Marketing Dept., College of Business Management Umm Al-Qura University, Saudi Arabia 3
- Amjad, T., Rani, S. H. B. A., & Sa'atar, S. B. (2020). Entrepreneurship development and pedagogical gaps in entrepreneurial marketing education. The International Journal of Management Education, 18(2), 100379.
- Claes M. Hultman. (2012). Encyclopedia of New Venture Management. SAGE Publications, Inc. Thousand Oaks
- Dubey, P., Bajpai, N., Guha, S., & Kulshreshtha, K. (2019). Entrepreneurial marketing: an analytical viewpoint on perceived quality and customer delight. Journal of Research in Marketing and Entrepreneurship.
- Edwards, C. J., Bendickson, J. S., Baker, B. L., & Solomon, S. J. (2020). Entrepreneurship within the history of marketing. Journal of Business Research, 108, 259-267.
- Ghods, M. A. (2019). Entrepreneurial marketing: the missing link in social enterprise studies. Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research, 9(1), 39.
- Hill, J., & Wright, L. T. (2000). Defining the scope of entrepreneurial marketing: a qualitative approach. Journal of Enterprising Culture, 8(01), 23-46.
- Mary Shacklett. (2019). Conversational Marketing. Retrieved from www.destinationCRM.com
- Miles, M. P., Lewis, G. K., Hall-Phillips, A., Morrish, S. C., Gilmore, A., & Kasouf, C. J. (2016). The influence of entrepreneurial marketing processes and entrepreneurial self-efficacy on community vulnerability, risk, and resilience. Journal of Strategic Marketing, 24(1), 34-46.
- Nyström, H. (1998). The dynamic marketing–entrepreneurship interface: A creative management approach. Creativity and Innovation Management, 7(3), 122-125.
- Petrylaite, E. (2018, September). Application of SME Marketing Model within Higher Education Entrepreneurial Teams. In European Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship (pp. 1060-XVIII). Academic Conferences International Limited.
- Raza, M., Isa, N. M., & Abd Rani, S. H. B. (2019). Effect of Celebrity-Endorsed Advertisement and Entrepreneurial Marketing on Purchase Behavior of Smartphone Consumers in Pakistan. Journal of Management Sciences, 6(1), 15-29.
- Sadiku-Dushi, N., Dana, L. P., & Ramadani, V. (2019). Entrepreneurial marketing dimensions and SMEs performance. Journal of Business Research, 100, 86-99.
- Sigué, S. P., & Biboum, A. D. (2020). Entrepreneurial Marketing and Social Networking in Small and Medium Service Enterprises: A Case Study into Business Dealings in Cameroon. Journal of African Business, 21(3), 338-354.
- Whalen, P., Uslay, C., Pascal, V. J., Omura, G., McAuley, A., Kasouf, C. J., ... & Gilmore, A. (2016). Anatomy of competitive advantage: towards a contingency theory of entrepreneurial marketing. Journal of Strategic Marketing, 24(1), 5-19.w
- Bandara, K., Jayasundara, J., Gamage, S., Ekanayake, E., Rajapackshe, P., Abeyrathne, G., et al. (2020). Entrepreneurial Marketing & Performance of Small & Medium Enterprises in Developed and Developing Economies: A Conceptual Exploration. Retrieved from MPRA: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/104341/
- Khadhraoui, M., Plaisentm, M., Bernard, P., & Lakhal, L. (2017). The Impact of Marketing Skills and Negotiation Skills of Universities Technology Transfer Office on Technology Transfer Success . Journal of Marketing and Management, 38-46.
- Middleton, B., & Long, G. (1990). Marketing Skills: Critical Issues in Marketing Education and Training. Journal of Marketing Management, 325-342.
- Shows, D., Albinsson, P., & Stoddard, J. (2017). Entrepreneurship Marketing in North Carolina’s Wine Industry. Atlantic Marketing Journal, 43-54.
- Slavova, M. (2018). Digital Marketing Skills; Can Joint European Master's Degree Contribute to Bridge the Gap? Bulgarian Journal of Business Research, 47-61.
المجلة الدولية لنشر البحوث والدراسات مجلة علمية محكمة متخصصة في نشر الابحاث العلمية في مختلف التخصصات، تصدر المجلة الدولية دورياً كل شهر. تصدر المجلة في المملكة الأردنية الهاشمية
نحن نعمل باستمرار على تحسين مجلتنا العلمية وعملية النشر لدينا بهدف تزويدك بأفضل تجربة نشر علمية. فإننا نقدر رأيك ونرحب بأي اقتراحات عبر الإيميل التالي: firstname.lastname@example.org
جميع الحقوق © محفوظة المجلة الدولية لنشر البحوث والدراسات 2019