International Journal of Research and Studies Publishing
Obstacles to Teaching Mathematics in Middle School for Female Students with Learning Difficulties
Nourah Amro Al-Alweet
Mathematics Teacher, Ministry of Education, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
This study aimed to identify the obstacles to teaching mathematics among female students with learning difficulties in the intermediate stage, and to achieve the objectives of the study, the descriptive survey method was used, and the researcher used the questionnaire as a tool for her study, and the study sample consisted of (240) teachers who were randomly selected. The study found a set of results, the most notable of which are the following: There is broad agreement among mathematics teachers on the obstacles they face when teaching mathematics to students with learning difficulties, where school and organizational obstacles come first, followed by obstacles to mathematics curriculum content, and third. Obstacles to evaluation come, and in the end the obstacles to teaching methods and appropriate qualification are the least obstacles that face female teachers of mathematics when teaching mathematics to students with learning difficulties for the intermediate stage, and the results showed that there is agreement to a large degree among the teachers of learning difficulties on the obstacles they face when teaching mathematics to female students Learning difficulties for the intermediate stage, where the obstacles related to the curriculum content for mathematics come first, followed by the school and organizational obstacles, and in the third rank are the obstacles to teaching methods and appropriate qualification, and in the last place the evaluation obstacles are the least obstacles that face teachers with learning difficulties when teaching mathematics to students with learning difficulties for the stage The mean, and the results also showed that there were differences between me The averages of the responses of the study members about the obstacles to teaching methods and the appropriate qualification that face female teachers of sports and learning difficulties in teaching mathematics for students with learning difficulties in the middle stage according to the different teaching location variable, in favor of the learning difficulties teachers.
disabilities, mathematics, teaching, learning difficulties
Mathematics Teacher, Ministry of Education, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Aba Hussein, Wedad, and Hussein, Rana. (2016). The level of application of learning difficulties teachers in the intermediate and secondary stages of participatory teaching. Journal of Special Education and Rehabilitation: The Institution for Special Education and Rehabilitation, Volume 3, Issue 11, 165-200.
- Abu Samaha, Kamel (2009). Learning disabilities. Journal of Education, 115 (24).
- Abu Nyan, Ibrahim (2015). Learning disabilities, teaching methods and cognitive strategies. 2nd floor, Riyadh: Academy of Special Education.
- General Administration of Special Education (1436-1437 AH). The regulatory guide for special education. Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Ministry of Education.
- The General Administration of Education in the Riyadh region, special education institutes and programs for girls in Riyadh (1438-1439 AH). Statistics of learning difficulties programs for the intermediate stage in the Riyadh region. Ministry of Education (General Education).
- Al-Battal, Zaid (2013). Homework problems for students with learning difficulties and their peers with normal students. Education and Psychology Letter, (42), 30-57.
- Batayneh, Mohammed and Al-Rashdan, Ahmed (2015). learning difficulties. 2nd floor, Amman: Dar Al Masirah for Publishing and Distribution.
- Peter, Peter (2009). Teaching children with learning difficulties. 1st floor, Amman: Dar Al Masirah for Publishing and Distribution.
- Al-Thubaiti, Fawzia (2011). Determining the difficulties of solving verbal mathematical problems among the fourth grade students from the point of view of mathematics teachers and supervisors in the city of Taif. Master's Thesis, Umm Al-Qura University, Makkah Al-Mukarramah.
- Al-Juhani, Salman and Al-Zari, Nayef (2014). Obstacles to the use of teaching aids by teachers with learning disabilities in teaching reading. Specialized International Educational Journal, Vol. 3, p. (10), 53-62.
- Hafez, Nabil (2008). Learning difficulties and remedial learning. 1st floor, Egypt: Anglo-Egyptian Library.
Al-Harbi, Muhammad, and Al-Moatham, Khaled. (2013). Problems of junior mathematics teachers in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia from the point of view of their educational supervisors. Journal of Educational Sciences: King Saud University - College of Education, Volume 25, Volume 2, 263-301.
- Hassan, Abdel Hamid Saeed (2009). A comparative study of social skills among children with learning difficulties and normal children in the Sultanate of Oman. Umm Al-Qura University Journal of Educational and Psychological Sciences - Saudi Arabia, 1(1), 112-69.
- Abdul Gafoor K. & Kurukkan, Abidha. Learner and Teacher perception on Difficulties in Learning and Teaching Mathematics: Some Implications. National Conference on Mathematics Teaching- Approaches and Challenges (2015)
- Bottage, B. (2013). A comparison of two approaches for teaching complex. Authentic mathematics problems to adolescents in remedial math classes. ERIC – EJ 571249.
Brown, G., Quinn, R. J. (2006). Algebra Students' Difficulty with Fractions: an Error Analysis. Australian Mathematics Teacher. 62, (4).
- Cawley, Parmar, Yan. (2006). Arithemitic Computation Abilities of Students with Learning Disabilities Implication of Instruction, Learning Disabilities Research and Practice, 11 (4).
Costa, Adriana, Rohde, Luis and Dorneles, Beatriz. (2015). Teaching facts of addition to Brazilian children with attention - deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Education Research and Reviews, 10 (6).
- Garfield. J. & Ahlgren. A. (2016). Difficulties in learning Basic concepts in probability and statistics. Journal for research in mathematics education, 19 (1).
- Howell, K. W., Fox. S. L., & Morehead, M. K. 1993. Curriculum - based evaluation: teaching and decision-making. 2nd Ed. Pacific Grove, CA: Brooks/Cole.
- Hudson. S. (2010). Improving Basic Math Skills Using Technology" (ED512698).
- Jone, James, Daniel. (2007). Learning Disabilities Foundations, Characteristics and effective teaching, Journal of Learning Disabilities, 5.
- Miller, S. (2007). Educational Aspects of Mathematics Disabilities, Journal of Learning Disabilities, 30 (1).
Montague, M. & Applegate, B. (2000). Mathematical Problem Solving Characteristics of Middle School Students with Learning Disabilities, The Journal of Special Education, 17 (2).
المجلة الدولية لنشر البحوث والدراسات مجلة علمية محكمة متخصصة في نشر الابحاث العلمية في مختلف التخصصات، تصدر المجلة الدولية دورياً كل شهر. تصدر المجلة في المملكة الأردنية الهاشمية
نحن نعمل باستمرار على تحسين مجلتنا العلمية وعملية النشر لدينا بهدف تزويدك بأفضل تجربة نشر علمية. فإننا نقدر رأيك ونرحب بأي اقتراحات عبر الإيميل التالي: firstname.lastname@example.org
جميع الحقوق © محفوظة المجلة الدولية لنشر البحوث والدراسات 2019